Tuesday 22 April 2014

Baking | Coconut Lime Cakes


I couldn't be bothered to document this recipe as 1) I wasn't well and B) I didn't have time and 5) It was a test that I didn't expect to work but it did etc...


This recipe made 18 small cakes (fairy cakes or cupcakes).

I overfilled the cases as they were foil cake cases. I find the foil cases challenging as they continue to cook the cakes after removing from the oven, but they do hold moisture well and look nice. So I overfilled them so they were more substantial and harder to dry out.

8oz recipe again, 

INGREDIENTS:

8oz Self Raising Flour
8oz Butter
8oz Eggs 
(Which was 3 Large Free Range British)
6oz Desiccated Coconut
Juice and Zest of 2 Limes
1 tsp Baking Powder

The icing was lime, no coconut.
I added 2oz butter, juice and zest of 1 lime and about 8oz Icing Sugar to a bowl and whizzed with an electric hand mixer until thick, light and fluffy. 

I used a fork to dollop icing onto the cakes as it's quicker than piping!

I made them on Sunday and they were still perfectly moist today (Tuesday) and I imagine they will be ok for another 2 days. Just keep them in an airtight container in a cool place but NOT in the fridge.