Monday 31 March 2014

Baking | THE WORLD'S BEST BROWNIES (honestly)



HOW TO MAKE THE WORLD'S BEST BROWNIES

I found this recipe shortly after I read Stella Newman's book "Pear Shaped" which I stumbled across in the 99p eBook section on Amazon and I was jolly pleased I did because after I had finished the book I performed a quick internet search and found Stella Newman's Brownie Blog and this recipe. Ever since it has been a firm favourite and I even made 10 of them for a catering event and they went down very well (actually, bar one lady who shouted at me because she didn't believe they were the worlds best brownie and said we had conned her… insane). 

It is INCREDIBLE and a rather forgiving recipe if you aren't an experienced cook. You can also change the chocolate combinations to suit your taste. My Mum prefers not sweet and very bitter chocolate so I recently made it for her with 400g Green & Blacks 70% which was far too bitter for me, but I am a sugary sweet chocolate person and I find the Bournville works well, especially when served with ice cream or cream for a dessert.

RECIPE: 

250g BUTTER 

100g SIFTED PLAIN FLOUR 

 400g BOURNVILLE (dark chocolate) 

 3 EGGS 

 240g MUSCAVADO SUGAR 

 1 tsp BAKING POWDER 

 1 tsp VANILLA EXTRACT 


You can view Stella Newman's blog here.

This is my 1st video that I have filmed like this and edited. Goodness me it takes a long time! I filmed this on my iPhone 5 and edited the footage with iMovie on my computer.