Friday 28 February 2014

Baking | Cinnamon Apples



Ingredients
6 Bramley Apples
1/2 Cup Muscavado Sugar
1/4 Cup Water
Squeeze Lemon Juice
2 Tsp Cinnamon

Peel, core and slice the apples
Put them in a bowl with the sugar and cinnamon
Stir the apples until they are evenly coated
Add the water and lemon to a saucepan and simmer, add the apple mixture.
Simmer slowly until softened to your liking.

Make sure you taste, if too sour add more sugar a little at a time.

For crumble filling I cook the apples until soft, for pie filling I halve the cooking time and keep the apples shape.

I cooked these apples as they had been lying around for a week and I thought I would freeze them. I poured them from the saucepan into a plastic freezer bag to cool, I left a gap in the bag to allow steam to escape.

I flattened the bag and lay it flat in the freezer so it would be really quick to defrost when needed.








I will use this when pushed for time, maybe just heated and served with ice cream or with some pastry and made into a pie or crumble.